If you don’t know what Minecraft Forge or the API Minecraft Forge mod are already, then you’re probably just starting out with your trip into the wide world of modding in Minecraft. This is likely true, since Forge is one of the best pieces of software for loading custom Minecraft mods which exists today. Like resource packs or maps, many mods can be installed by simply dragging the appropriate files to the appropriate folder and saving the changes once you’re done. This is usually true of very simple mods, or those mods which don’t actually change the way Minecraft works, rather adding content.
But these mods are, again, the simplest of the bunch. They have the smallest overall effect on Minecraft as a whole, and while there are some very useful small mods, many of them can be overlooked just as easily as they are installed. The API Minecraft Forge mod, or tool, is perfect for both installing and managing mods once you have them installed. It takes care of moving all important files for larger mods, but that’s just the start. Because mods which work with Forge are specifically designed to do this, any Forge mod you are using should be compatible with any other Forge mod you install.
There are some rare exceptions to this rule, but generally speaking, if you have two different mods which both work with Minecraft Forge, then the mods should be compatible if you are using Forge to integrate them into Minecraft. No other mod loader gives the degree of compatibility between mods that you can expect from Forge, and that’s probably the main reason this is the most popular mod loader around today. If you’re looking for regular updates and a constant stream of new content, you’re not going to be disappointed with this mod.
Just check out the Minecraft Forge website and see with your own eyes how large the community is surrounding this Minecraft mod loader. People are still designing mods for Forge today and the website has all kinds of information and links for compatible mods and other interesting content. Even without visiting the website, you can try the API Minecraft Forge mod any time, since the download is available in a number of locations. Just make sure the version you download and install is the latest version of Forge – the older clients found on third party websites are outdated, but they may be malicious too.
Minecraft Forge API Changelogs
Build 2018 for Minecraft 1.10.2:
- Fix async race condition on new chunks (closes #3020) (#3090)
- This patch fixes a race condition that sometimes caused a just generated chunk structures to generated version chunk.
- This patch ensures when ProvideChunk calls LoadChunk synchronously we always condition without already saved to disk.
- Thus this should retain the async functionality from PR #2946 while preventing
Minecraft Forge Installation
- Download Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod from below, in your preferred version.
- Double-click on the downloaded Forge file to run the installer.
- Paste the downloaded mod file into .minecraft/mods directory.
- Run Minecraft with the Forge version!
- To have the
modsfolder, you must download and install Forge. Alos, run Forge once before installing the mod.
- .minecraft folder can be found in the following location:
- for Windows:
- for Linux:
- for Mac OS X:
- for Windows:
- Make sure you select correct Forge Profile to use in-game after you install Minecraft Forge.